Training is a major activity of the centre. It has a wide range of expertise and excellent infrastructure to train senior officers and executives in policy formulation, management and implementation of rural development programmes. The training programmes are, intended to create knowledge base, develop skills and understanding of the various dimensions of rural transformation.
During the past 33 years, NIRD & PR-NERC has offered training programmes in the following fields:
- Decentralized Planning.
- Capacity Building Programme of PRIs.
- Social Mobilization & Capacity Building of CBOs and NGOs.
- Participatory Approaches to Rural Development.
- Participatory Watershed Management.
- Participatory Forest Management.
- Sustainable Agricultural & Livestock Development.
- Community Resource Management.
- Infrastructure Development.
- Financial Management.
- Gender in Rural Development.
- Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation of Rural Development Programmes
- Rural Development Orientation for State Civil Service Officers.
- Planning and management of Rural Development Programmes (PAPs).
- Block Planning and Rural Development Programmes.
- Rural Marketing.
- Computer Applications & Information Technologies for RD.
- Applications of Geoinformatics in Watershed Management and Rural Development.
Inviting Nominations for Upcoming Training Programmes, January -March 2017
Training Calendar for 2016-17